During this Pride month, while we grieve for our queer and trans communities of color in Orlando, we at the LGBTQ Racial Justice Fund support our grantees in their Southern organizing and their work on the ground to respond to this horror. Please see and amplify our grantees’ critical statements of analysis and solidarity after the Orlando shooting.
- Southerners on New Ground: One Rise, One Fall: Organizing, resisting, and grieving for Pulse and staffer Elias H. Lyle’s piece From Charleston to Orlando: Reflections on Massacre in a Time of Backlash
- BreakOUT! Statement and Statement on New Orleans Pride Parade
- GetEQUAL: See their Facebook page for ongoing actions, like confronting the Family Research Council and Trump, and pieces like heir board chair Felipe Sousa-Rodriguez’s Please Don’t Stop the Music
- Southern Movement Assembly (Project South is an anchor organization): statement here
- Southern Vision Alliance: statement here
- Finally, you will want to read BlackLivesMatter’s In Honor of Our Dead: Latinx, Queer, Trans, Muslim, Black – We Will Be Free